The Seth Audio Collection - Excerpt 15


Listen to me and ask yourself what is your name. If you were alone in the middle of the universe surrounded by darkness, and someone said- some voice out of the ether—"What is your name?", what would you answer? So I ask you,"Whal is your name, each of you?" My name is nameless. I have no name. 1 give you the name of Seth because it is a name and you want names. You give yourselves the names, and you have taken names, because you believe names are important.

Your existence is nameless. It is not voiceless, but it is nameless. The names you take are structures upon which you hang your image. One thousand years hence what will your names mean, and one thousand years before this moment what did your names mean, and what have those names to do with your experience? You are what you are, and what you are is nameless. What you are can be not uttered, and no letter or alphabet can contain it. Yet now you need words and letters and names and objects. You want magic that will tell you what you are.

You each, in your own way, are doing your own thing. And each of you are nameless. That does not mean you do not have an identity. It simply means that a name has nothing to do with your identity, and that entity names are a means and a step along levels of belief that you can use. I told Ruburt from our earliest sessions that he could call me Seth. 1 never said, "My name is Seth," for I am nameless. I have had too many identities to cling to one name!

But you think your names define you, and you are afraid to depart from them. And you think your physical existence defines you, and you think that the moment defines; you, you think that your beliefs define you.

If you are quick and if you are intuitive and if you are courageous, and if some evening you listen to my voice in the proper mood, then you can follow yourself to the heart of yourself, using the voice as a road or a vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment